Dear New Concepts Community,
First and foremost, I hope you are staying well. As an organization, New Concepts is adjusting to the current circumstances that all of us are facing during this unprecedented time. The services we provide as a behavioral healthcare provider are essential, and we are committed to continuing to serve our clients and community in a safe and responsible manner.
With information changing so quickly, it is important that we keep you informed of the measures we’re taking to not compromise the continuity of care of our clients or the wellness of our staff. As you’d expect, our decisions are being guided by the counsel of outside health officials to include the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other state and local health authorities.
Along with enhanced sanitation measures and social distancing practices, here are the most recent operational changes we want you to be aware of:
- Everyone presenting for work or services will submit to having their temperatures taken, and the threshold to continue is 100.4 degrees.
- We are accepting new clients, but by appointment only. Calls are being answered to schedule new intake appointments. The last assessment will be at 3:30 on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and at 12 noon on Tuesday and Friday.
- All groups are suspended beginning Tuesday 03/24/2020 until Monday 04/06/2020.
- Peer Support staff will only provide telehealth services, and the Tuesday peer support group is suspended until further notice.
- Telehealth services will be an option for individuals experiencing symptoms of any infectious diseases.
- Case management services are available to assist our clients in linkages to medical services, securing food and other items essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, developing a community support system, and addressing other areas of concern.
- Our existing clients should immediately call our after-hours line at (419) 975-5402, should a CRISIS occur. Please only use this number for CRISIS situations, and not for general questions (i.e. is the agency open, what time is an appointment, when will transportation arrive, etc.).
- Effective 03/24/2020 we will no longer offer services at our secondary location, 1811 N. Reynolds Road, Toledo, OH 43615, all services will either be conducted at 5301 Nebraska Ave., Toledo, OH 43615 or 111 S. Byrne Road, Toledo, OH 43615. Please call (419) 531-5544 for more information.
It is important for individuals managing a mental health or substance use disorder to know that we will not abandon care for them. Our community will continue to experience our dedication and unwavering support during this time of uncertainty.
We also want to take a moment and thank all of our government officials, medical personnel, first responders, and other community behavioral healthcare organizations for their unwavering resolve to meet the rising demands of those in need of our care.
Executive Director New Concepts